Real or Reel World ???

I've been an avid reader for as long as i can remember. A movie buff by genes and TV runs in my blood.
What is it about the Reel or the Unreal World which excites us so much ?
I know when I read Nancy Drew I was HER...I was solving all the cases. When I was reading Mills and Boons I was the Damsel in Distress being saved by the Knight in Shining Armor :) and now today when i watch Castle I am Detective Kate Beckett...solving mysteries and romancing Castle..:)
I am sure its not just me, its all of us. The Unreal World , as i call it , gives us a chance to be free from our mundane and boring lives and lets us live the life we can only imagine. And its not always the Super-Hero life that i live.
When reading a sad or disturbing novel or a watching a movie of the same genre i still imagine myself as the main protagonist.
So i guess it is also the hunger to be The One, The Hero, The Lead whom everybody loves.

Not everybody is a Star. not everybody gets a chance.....so i think its fair enough if we live that little excitement in our Unreal World :) 
Though there are the Psycho thrillers which convince me that the Real world, though mundane is far better than the Unreal one :)

Cheers to Life and to The Hidden Hero in US :)

Comments

Popular Posts