Moving Countries - Changing Lives

So I was in India - an extremely successful Banker. Husband too was doing fairly decent for himself. We have a 3 year old now - who was just 2 then and having a ball in her life.
One day we decided to move countries - apply for Canadian PR.
We had a few reasons - none of them compelling enough to move.
So we applied thinking if it comes the GOD wants us to shift ( cowards who can't take decisions blame it on God )
And lo-behold GOD wanted us to move. Within 6 Months we got our PR , within a year I had shocked people at my work and resigned and moved lock stock barrel to my Aunts house in Canada ( not the best decision - but saves you money, you learn a lot , might end a few relations but well thats life :) )
So Life has been good - different but good. No complaints.
But there are days when I miss my Tina Didi the most :) 
I remember we used to have crazy get-togethers at our place - both of us would be happy high and go to sleep.
In the morning the empty beer bottles reminded us that we had a party last night. The house was sparkling clean :)
Here - I AM Tina Didi - if I don't clean the house and sleep in the night - I will wake up to a smelly disgusting living room. The dishes are to be done in the night ( thanks to living with the Aunt - I got some good habits ) the Garbage is disposed in the chute , you could be dead tired but you somehow still manage to clean.  
Never knew  I could cook - very limited still but the 4 dishes I know come out quite decent. 
So , what I am trying to say is that Life Teaches you so many things. 
It throws crazy curve balls at you. One day you are sitting on your recliner and enjoying fresh home cooked food - done by your cook and suddenly you are scanning YouTube - in a new country trying to feed your child :)
Grow and adjust is what I have learnt.
Try to embrace changes - Life will become easy.
I am still trying - but I miss my Tina Didi the most :):)

Comments

Popular Posts