Why does a woman have to draw a line?
Our society is so hypocritical in behavior that it surprises me sometimes.
But what is even more surprising is me – being an educated and modern woman fall prey to it too
It’s embarrassing to admit but it’s true.

Going out for office parties, getting drunk, being single at 30….all these are taboos the men don’t face.
Life is anyways tough for working women…handle the house, handle the kids and handle the in-laws.
They don’t need the society to dictate and tell them how to live.
A child, a house, a family...is as much a woman’s responsibility as it is a man’s.
The time has gone where men were the bread earners and women managing the house. Today a
woman is as much a contributor, and at times more. If the husband works in a different city, has an
affair that’s OK but if in the same situation the wife also has her share of flings – we term her as dirty.
Who are we to judge her. How do we know what shes going through.
I am definitely not justifying extra marital affairs. All I am saying is give them both an equal chance.
If a girl is friendly with her boss – well shes sleeping with him.
If she smokes with men – well she is too fast.
Bloody right she is too fast .. to survive in this world surrounded by carnivore men we have to be too
fast. To survive the wrath a Mother-in-law puts her through she has to be too fast. And if you have a
problem with all this then God help you.
Its not like the old times where people had 5-6 kids. Everyone
busy with 1000 things.Today people have 2
children. Focus is only on them. They are pampered they are well provided for and they are taught that
they have to fight their own battles.
So the bosses , the mother in laws, the carnivore men outside are all shocked that the women are
getting strong enough.
Still WE are told we should know where to draw a line.
A girl getting drunk and throwing up at a party is looked with so much scorn she could be burnt alive.
A guy doing the same…well men will be men.
I don’t support drinking, smoking, extra marital affairs.
I just support equality.
And I pledge today that whatever be the circumstances I am going to make a conscious effort and not let
society cloud my thinking.
I promise to try and break out of the stereo type and hopefully can have more people join this drive.
Don’t treat the women like shit…they have a habit of giving everything back ten-folds J

Comments